Peregian Beach Dental is committed to implementing infection control systems to prevent and manage healthcare associated infections. Dental practitioners and practice staff apply these systems to prevent patients and healthcare workers from acquiring preventable healthcare associated infections, and effectively manage infections should they occur.
Peregian Beach Dental provides and maintains an environment for patient care committed to the prevention of healthcare associated infections. A risk management approach is taken in the development of policies and processes, ensuring compliance with all the following Standards and Guidelines:
- Dental Board of Australia Guidelines on Infection Control
- The AS/NZS 4815:2006 Office-based health care facilities ‑ Reprocessing of reusable medical and surgical instruments and equipment, and maintenance of the associated environment
- The AS/NZS 4187:2014 Cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing reusable medical and surgical instruments and equipment, and maintenance of associated environments in health care facilities
- NHMRC Australian Guidelines for The Prevention and Control of Infection in Healthcare
- Creutzfeldt-Jacob Disease Infection Control Guidelines 2013
- Australian Dental Association Infection Control Guidelines 2015
Furthermore, Peregian Beach Dental’s Workplace, Health & Safety Manual includes information and reference to work restrictions in relation to specific infection control circumstances, and ensures the measures outlined in the Workplace Health & Safety Manual align with our Infection Control Protocol.
Please feel free to ask if you have any specific questions with regards to our approach to infection control.